Custom Search

9.9.08

Write about what people are interested in!

Over the past few months, i've come to realize something interesting about my web statistics. I use Google Analytics to analyze my statistics and of the the interesting functions is the searched keywords. The top searched keywords that generated visits to my site were directly related to my content; "ebay", "blogging", etc...

But what caught my attention was that some of the other keywords has no relation at all to my site. They were search results such as "pop", "awards", "pussycat dolls" and "attorney". And I started to think what the heck is going on? Then i remembered that this was all due to one of my postings on the Top 10 Internet Searches. This has me thinking...these terms actually do drive traffic to your site. So if you're suddenly short of ideas for your blog, or are looking for some instant traffic, just try writing about something on the this list..chances are you'll get a few extra visits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely agree with this post. One day last month I was at a loss on what to post. Then I consulted Google Trends to see what was hot during that time. One keyword was interesting. After reading about the issue, I created my post about it. Until now, more than a month after, I still get visits from people who are searching for that keyword.